There’s a home for people like you. It’s a safe place where your contempt for misplaced modifiers can lay unconcealed, a cocoon of acceptance where your icy disregard for the ghastly use of possessive pronouns is embraced, a sun-bathed Eden where you can unapologetically shout the distinction between “further” and “farther” from the rooftops. Admitting you’re a talented proofreader is the first step toward recovery. Work with us and let the healing begin.
- Proofreads all text and corrects spelling, usage, and grammatical errors.
- Proofreads all digital layout files produced by the agency art production department; annotates PDFs and/or edits in word files using software edit/markup tools. Or proofread and mark up printed files using standard proofreading marks.
- Reviews all photo and illustration captions published in print or for accuracy of description, names, dates, locations, and events.
- Maintains awareness of new words or phrases coming into popular usage.
- Work with Team Leader and Project Managers to meet project schedules.
- Ensure all written communication meets client brand standards and guidelines, as well as industry standards.
- Check registration marks, trademarks, and copyrights, and confirm their correct usage.
- Confirm all web addresses are working; phone numbers and legal disclosures are complete and correct.
- Check for consistency among multiple program components, as well as within client guidelines, also noting minor design variances such as fonts, logos, marks, etc.
- Perform minor copy editing as required to comply with client guidelines or legal standards.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Assist Team Leader with scheduling and paperwork as required, and meeting team goals.
- Maintains current software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
While the individual's primary responsibilities will be proofreading, the proofreader may also be tasked with writing or coauthoring blog posts for the agency website.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and standard proofreader’s notations.
- Attention to detail a must; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership of work and meet deadlines.
- Capable of managing several projects simultaneously.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and many special events!