Video/Digital Media Production Specialist
Do thoughts of corporate videos woefully deprived of any imagination or production value leave you feeling as if you’re leaking spinal fluid? Us too, which is why we’re investing in the creation of our own video production services to complement our team of creative and content sharpshooters. If you want in, there’s only one thing left to do. Cannonball!
The Video/Digital Media Production Specialist works as a collaborative member of FARM serving internal and external clients as cinematographer and post production specialist. This position interacts with in-house writers, art directors, project managers, and content specialists to shoot and edit assigned video projects.
This team member serves as videographer on assigned productions, responsible for developing creative approaches to lighting, composition, and camera movement that results in visually interesting and meaningful storytelling imagery. He/she may also serve as the director on the shoot in collaboration with writers, designers, and creative directors.
- Plans, shoots, and edits assigned videos and coordinates/collaborates with external partners involved in the assignments (post-production). Creates simple motion graphics treatments as needed. Captures footage, stills and culls select takes in preparation for post-production.
- Uploads work-in-progress and final renders to digital asset management systems and notifies stakeholders for review and approval. Keeps the internal client teams apprised of progress.
- Often participates in various phases of video production process from concept to completion, but with primary emphasis on field videography, photography and on editing/postproduction.
- Helps with production logistics: location scouting, rental equipment procurement, etc.
- Keeps internal video production equipment maintained, organized, and secured.
- Estimates time required to execute assigned projects for budgeting and scheduling purposes.
- Archives source materials as well as finished projects.
- Inputs hours used to complete projects into scheduling software timesheet.
- Other duties as required. Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Arts, Visual Communications, Design or related disciplines
- Minimum 5+ years of video production and post production experience
- Experience with contemporary video production cinematography equipment and techniques, creative lighting, and post production tools (Adobe Premier, After Effects, etc.) required
- Strong motion graphics and typography sensibilities a plus
- Corporate internal marketing or ad agency experience a plus
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work under firm deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and many special events!