Creative Director(Freelance Contract)
There’s nothing more beautiful than bringing a child into the world. But when new parenthood takes one of our creative directors out of the mix for several months, the loss causes us a different kind of sleep deprivation. If you have the chops to lead a team from big idea through stealth deployment—while charming our clients with your bright, healthy smile—then let’s have a look at your dance card.
FARM is looking for a seasoned creative director to serve as the creative and design lead for a team focused primarily on consumer-facing clients. This is a full-time, freelance contract position to begin immediately and last for a minimum of five months.
- Establish and maintain superior quality of creative through ideation and strategy, inspiring creative to staff to push their thinking while adhering to the brand, creative briefs, and strategic vision.
- Concept and execute work across a variety of channels from small projects to full, multi-media campaigns. Broadcast experience a plus.
- Demonstrate strong layout and composition skills.
- Lead creative concept meetings.
- Collaborate directly with copywriters, art directors, and digital designers to execute work.
- Review all work, both copy and design, either before or during routing.
- Meet with clients either for concept presentations, projects statuses, kick-off meetings, or for any other reason.
- Work closely with account service and project management team members to ensure all work is on brand, understanding the full scope of projects and meeting required timelines and budget.
- Mentor creative staff and encourage them to grow by meeting with them individually, giving them support and advice, encouraging them to take new approaches to creative thinking, and always being open to questions.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude; be collaborative, flexible and adaptive to change; possess a strong ability to multi-task; and stay organized and attentive to detail.
- Software Knowledge: proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in advertising/marketing with at least 5 in an agency setting
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and special events!