The Graphic Designer is responsible for executing layouts and designs for a variety of materials, both print and interactive.
- Contribute as part of a smooth running, time sensitive / efficient creative team that anticipates and thinks in advance.
- Participate in the development of concepts for various media.
- Assists senior design staff as needed.
- Maximize productivity and cost effectiveness, completing projects on time and within budget.
- Capable of working productively and in an organized manner within a tight deadline / high volume environment.
- Participate in input / concept meetings by reviewing briefs and coming prepared to discuss challenges and / or possible solutions.
- Work with Creative Director(s), senior creative staff and account service to meet project schedules.
- Brainstorm with copywriters, art directors and / or interactive staff as called upon.
- Act as mechanical artist and graphic designer when senior design staff needs assistance.
- Assist other team members/other teams, as needed.
- Attain a goal of 80% or better projects completed on time and within budget
- Maintain a time split of approximately 30% agency time / 70% billable client creative time.
- Work closely with copy, design and client service to develop digital marketing collateral, including web, email, social, mobile and digital media elements.
- Contribute unique and innovative ideas for strategic marketing initiatives that integrate top-level digital thinking.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure visual design quality in digital technology solutions.
- Be a thought leader of digital capabilities, making recommendations and exploring new technologies and best practices.
- Continually monitor developments in the digital industry, keeping agency up to speed on what’s new, what’s changed, what we should be considering and why.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by your supervisor.
- Complete daily timesheet through Workamajig.
- 2-4 years design experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated experience (portfolio) in general advertising – including collateral, direct mail, etc. and an understanding of when each is used and how to develop and implement appropriate materials for each tactic.
- Relevant and comprehensive hands-on experience using industry-standard software applications for developing creative materials (Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and more).
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team with senior staff members and pick up work midstream.
- Ability to take ownership of work and meet deadlines.
- Capable of managing several projects simultaneously.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and many special events!