The facility coordinate is responsible for the overall maintenance of the facility including the office , grounds covering 17 acres, and safety within the surrounding areas.
Manages a preventative maintenance program within the confines of an annual budget.
- Includes: HVAC, lighting, generator, mechanical equipment and building structures/grounds.
- Basic Construction Skills (carpentry, plumbing, electrical)
- Manages grounds (lawn, plowing, etc).
- Assists in the preparation of an annual budget and operates within that budget.
- Advises on and monitors facility expenses for operation which includes supplies, electricity, gas, water, and sewer.
- Assists with and maintains plans for evacuation, safety and disaster response programs. Serves as the facility’s main emergency contact.
- Manages all building materials within all State/Federal Guidelines
- Understands and works within all OSHA guidelines.
- Implements and keeps maintenance logs on all equipment and services.
- Maintains all up to date records for state, federal and managerial needs.
- Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting equipment to meet laws and efficiency standards.
- Responsible for fire safety and maintenance.
- Performs other duties as requested by Director of Operations.
- Preparing and maintaining a routine maintenance schedule.
- Project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors.
- Involved with planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
- Working directly with operations staff to ensure all daily work is met and preventative maintenance is managed.
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Keeping staff safe including evacuations, emergency systems and disaster preparedness.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Assisting in planning allocation and utilization of space and resources within the building and organizing the premises efficiently.
- Ensuring that agreed upon work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Preventative daily maintenance throughout the building.
- Ensure building is prepared for extremes in seasons throughout the year
- Maintain outdoors on a routine basis.
- Assist with events as necessary.
- Minimum high school graduate or GED with at least 3 - 5 years’ experience with mechanics and/or facility maintenance.
- Certification from a technical school preferred.
- Clean driver’s license is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibrations. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions on facility grounds. Noise level may be loud at times.
- Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing throughout the day. The employee must be able to lift or move items over 50lbs. Vision requirements for this position include, close vision, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and focusing ability.
- The employee shows comfort at heights of up to 26 feet.
- The employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person, via telephone or computer. The employee is required to use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Business hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Depending on season, earlier hour may be required. Hours will vary. Occasional (as necessary) evening and weekend work may be required as the job responsibilities demand.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN.